Beginners French Courses in Auckland & Wellington (A1 Basic FRENCH)
Learn French in Auckland and Wellington with our fun 8 week French language classes lessons taught by expert native French teachers from France and start speaking French today!. In these French A1 language courses you will learn French Pronunciation, Greetings, Questions, Colors and Directions. Furthermore every lesson will include something about French Culture and People.
Our French Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Level A1 to C2.
- The French Al level is broken down into A1.1, A1.2, A1.3 and A1.4 units. .
French Course objectives for A1 are :
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic French phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce themselves and others in and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people they know and things they have.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly in French and is prepared to help.
- I can recognise familiar words and very basic phrases concerning myself, my family and immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.
- You can understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example on notices and posters or in catalogues.
- You can interact in a simple way provided the other person is prepared to repeat or rephrase things at a slower rate of speech and help me formulate what I'm trying to say.
- You can ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics.
- You can use simple phrases and sentences to describe where you live and people you know.
- You can write a short, simple postcard, for example sending holiday greetings.
- You can fill in forms with personal details, for example entering my name, nationality and address on a hotel registration form.
- Alter Ego + 1 Methode de Francais, 2012 [With CD] By Annie Berthet et all. 978-2-01-155810-7.. Readily available at online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
Benefits of taking your French courses with the French Institute:
- You will learn French with qualified and experienced professional French teachers from France
- Progress in a friendly French immersion environment
- Benefit from a small class sizes which maximises your student and teacher interactions
- Follow a structured curriculum following the Common European Framework of Reference A1-C2 (CEFR - www.coe.int)
- Work toward internationally recognised exams (DALF/DELF)
- Use the recommended Alter Ego + Series of textbooks used in Universities and schools worldwide such as the University of Auckland, Monash University, University of Singapore, University of Lucknow, University of Texas, University of Sydney, Oxford University, Alliance Fraincais and many more...
- Back up your learning with resources from our media-library
- Working Holidays Visas: Learn about 1 year Working Holiday Visas for France, Belguim and Canada.
- French Language Exams for Residence: Learn about the language requirements for Residence and Citizenship in France
- Why learn with the French Institute: 15 reasons to learn at the French Institute today...