IMPROVERS French Courses in Auckland & Wellington (A 2 - Post beginners)
Learn French in Auckland and Wellington with our fun 8 week immersion French language classes for Improvers (A2) taught by expert native French teachers from France and start speaking French today! In these French A2 language courses you will learn to talk about families, shopping, jobs, relationships, describe people, countries, travel plans and give opinions... Furthermore every lesson will include something about French Culture and People.
Our French Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Level A1 to C2.
- The French A2 level is broken down into A2.1 - A2.6 according to the CEFR.
French Course objectives for A2 are :
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- You can understand phrases and the highest frequency vocabulary related to areas of most immediate personal relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local area, employment).
- You can catch the main point in short, clear, simple messages and announcements.
- You can read very short, simple texts. I can find specific, predictable information in simple everyday material such as advertisements, prospectuses, menus and timetables and you can understand short simple personal letters.
- You can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics and activities.
- You can handle very short social exchanges, even though I can't usually understand enough to keep the conversation going myself.
- You can use a series of phrases and sentences to describe in simple terms my family and other people, living conditions, my educational background and my present or most recent job.
- You can write short, simple notes and messages relating to matters in areas of immediate need.
- You can write a very simple personal letter, for example thanking someone for something.
- Alter Ego + 1, Methode de Francais, 2013 [With CD] By Annie Berthet et all. ISBN 2011558107.
- Alter Ego + 2, Methode de Francais, 2013 [With CD] By Annie Berthet et all. ISBN 9782011558121. Readily available at online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
Benefits of taking your French courses with the French Institute:
- You will learn French with qualified and experienced professional French teachers from France
- Progress in a friendly French immersion environment
- Benefit from a small class sizes which maximises your student and teacher interactions
- Follow a structured curriculum following the Common European Framework of Reference A1-C2 (CEFR - www.coe.int)
- Work toward internationally recognised exams (DALF/DELF)
- Use the recommended Alter Ego + Series of textbooks used in Universities and schools worldwide such as the University of Auckland, Monash University, University of Singapore, University of Lucknow, University of Texas, University of Sydney, Oxford University, Alliance Fraincais and many more...
- Back up your learning with resources from our media-library
- Working Holidays Visas: Learn about 1 year Working Holiday Visas for France, Belguim and Canada.
- French Language Exams for Residence: Learn about the language requirements for Residence and Citizenship in France
- Why learn with the French Institute: 15 reasons to learn at the French Institute today...
French School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington
- $150, includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from France and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
French courses start all year round - Enrol today!